- 8 oz pork sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. Form sausage into 4 patties. Cook in a large, non-stick sprayed skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, or until golden brown and crisp. Place sausage patties on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the grease.
2. Drain fat from skillet then return to stove and turn heat down to medium. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl then pour into the skillet. Cook until top is nearly set but still glossy, then carefully fold eggs over in half. Remove from heat to finish cooking.
3. In a small bowl, whisk butter until creamy and smooth. Stir in the maple syrup. Toast the English Muffins.
4. To assemble: Spread 1 tablespoon of maple butter on English Muffin, both halves. Place 1 egg on the bottom of an English muffin then top with a cooked sausage patty and a slice of cheese. Microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt cheese then cap with English muffin top. Continue making other sandwiches. Serve immediately.