- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 20 small balls fresh mozzarella cheese (often labeled bocconcini)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 toothpicks
- Using a toothpick, spear a half of a tomato, a leaf of basil, a mozzarella ball, and another half of a tomato. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix the vinegar and oil together in a small bowl to serve as a dipping sauce. You can drizzle some on top for display!