- 3tablespoonscornstarch, divided
- 1⁄2cup water, plus
- 2tablespoons water, divided
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4cups broccoli florets
- 1small onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
- Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.